Sir JET’s Top 10 Tips to Living as Your True Self
1. Eat Happily. Many say eat healthy, but if you are not enjoying food while you eat it, you’re doing just as much damage to your body as eating unhealthy foods by giving it mixed signals, which result in indigestion, etc. There are enough healthy foods out there that you can choose what tastes good to you.
2. Observe your Thoughts. Our minds go a million miles a minute with different thoughts. If we are not careful, we could spend all day thinking about and analyzing negative things and not be aware of it. Take a moment every now and then to ask yourself “what am I thinking about?” and if it’s something bad, see how you can find the good in that situation to focus on instead.
3. Feel Good about Your Appearance. It’s not how you look, but how you feel about how you look that will determine how you will feel in the presence of others. Do you feel beautiful? Do you feel confident? Appearance is subjective, so make your appearance that which you see as beautiful, and feel you look awesome wherever you go.
4. Be accepting of the Appearance of Others. Just as you get to decide how you look, everyone should get to as well. Be okay with the way other people look, for it is their decision to look that way. And remember, we are essentially all one and the same: underneath every costume is a human being just like you.
5. Play Dress-up. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to try something on? Then do it. Now is the time. Experiment with things that you wouldn’t normally wear and see how they make you feel. Nothing is off limits when playing dress-up so have fun with it.
6. Practice Your Affirmations. Say your affirmations to yourself out-loud or silently regularly, as regularly as you wash your face or brush your teeth. Your life will reflect that which you focus upon. Focusing on positive things makes you feel positive.
7. Always desire the Best. You desire to be a great person reaching your full potential, so remind yourself whenever you feel undeserving of something that it simply is not true, for to be the greatest you, you must desire the greatest of all things to come to you.
8. Give more of that which you Desire. The universe is built on a give and take basis. If you desire more of something, try giving some of it. Want more money? Give a little of your own to a cause you believe in, such as donating $20 to your favorite charity. Want someone to love? Give love to people you come in contact with by being friendly and interested in who they are.
9. Study Inspiration. Instead of turning on the television or scrolling through updates on your favorite social network, spend your leisure time reading about or watching things that inspire you and makes you feel good. The more focus you put on the good things in life, the more good things will feel in your experience of your life.
10. That which you desire for yourself, desire for others. The golden rule of “treat others as you want to be treated” is only half the story. When you can see someone else receiving that which you are aiming for, it puts you in a place of harmony with how good it feels to receive it, and that feeling good about receiving is what’s going to bring that goal closer to your reality.