Sunday, January 1, 2012

Setting Your Intentions for the Day

Blessed be all in this wonderful new year ^_^.  Now that we are coming into new days where everyone is wishing another good tidings, here's a great tip for truly putting forth the effort to make each day a good day.  Some people call it "setting your intention" for the day, others call it a "to be" list.  It takes about five minutes and you just need a piece of paper and pencil.  Each morning make a list of 3-5 things you intend to be that day, and write them as if they are happening right now.  I use the "to be" list method, so at the top of the paper I write "To Be List.  Today I am..." and then under that I make my list.  Specifically, today I wrote, "1. a person of increase in all of my affairs.  2. friendly and welcoming to those I come in contact with.  3. open to new ideas from a higher power regarding my next move.  and 4. able to see the positive in every situation."  Done over time, not only will this feel as routine for you as brushing your teeth in the morning, but you will actually begin to "be" that person whom you are saying you will be.  And you'll feel better too, setting positive intentions at the start of the day will subconsciously if done repeatedly begin to manifest itself in your attitudes all day long.  Things that once sent you into anger or sadness will not be as heavy on your heart, you may be able to pass them by entirely.  There's no proven time span for when this will start to take shape, but I can tell you for me I've been doing it for over half a year almost every morning, and I started to feel the shift in my daily attitude around the third month.  I've also noticed the day just doesn't feel right when I don't make a list that morning.  Try it for a few months and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment