Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The colors we use to describe ourselves

We all know that to say we're feeling blue means we are feeling less than able, and that when we are feeling red we're in a state of anger.  Today I encourage you to feel all sorts of colors.  Ask yourself, "what does it mean to feel orange?" or "what kind of mood am I in if all I see is pink?"  There may not be any clear answers to these questions that serves every individual, but I encourage you to find the answers that pertain specifically to you.  For example, I love to feel regal when it comes to my boudoir, so my color scheme is gold, but at the same time when I meditate, I not only sit in a brown chair, but I wear usually a brown outfit because it makes me feel closer to the earth.  A good exercise is to get quiet, take a few deep breaths, and ask yourself, "what color am I feeling?"  When the answer comes, sit for a moment and try to figure out why your mind is telling you to feel that color.  The answer may be just what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment